Exercise has always been difficult for me. When I was young, the slow progressdrove me nuts, and it seemed like I was never going to be one of those “fit” girls. You know, the ones who just run a marathon and reach other fitness goalswith no effort.
But you know, those fit girlsreally dohave to work too. Everyone has to take small stepsto hit whatever their fitness goalsare, even if some people’s small stepsare giant compared to yours (or mine).
So that’s why these motivational quotesare here. They’re here to give you inspiration, encouragement, and (hopefully) that little extra boostyou need toreallyget that good workoutin. You know what I mean.
If you want, some of these quotes might even help you to give someone you love that little motivational boost too. Feel free to share any of them!
Also, just an FYI, but if you stick around until the end of this article, there is a super-cool set of FREE motivational desktop and mobile backgrounds that are up for grabs. Feel free to take them.
Oh, and just a quick word you moms out there; I promise thatthere is hope. It might seem impossible today, but itispossible for you to have a great bodyagain (even with stretch marks). Just keep giving it your best effortand be patient. Appreciate progress, includingslowprogress. (And if you have a baby, believe me, I understand how hard things can be with a new little one, especially in your marriage!)
But don’t forget totreasure those moments of being a mom.
- Motivational Quotes About Fitness Goals
- Impossible Today Women’s Fitness Quotes
- Female Fitness Journey Quotes
- Strong Women Workout Quotes
- Women’s Motivational Quotes About Slow Progress
- Funny Fitness Quotes | Hilarious Female Fitness Quotes
- Inspirational Quotes and Funny Fitness Quotes for Moms Who Workout
- Questions That People Also Ask
- What is a good caption for a workout?
- What is a strong woman quote?
- How do I motivate my girlfriend to workout?
- What to say to motivate someone working out?
- Free Set of Inspirational Quote Backgrounds
- Final Thoughts About Using Female Motivational Workout Quotes
Motivational Quotes About Fitness Goals
Nothing says motivation like setting a goal, especially a fitness goal. I really appreciatethese simple fitness goal ideasfrom The EveryGirl. She gives several simple suggestions for realistic weight lossand fitness goalsthat beginners can achieve.
- “The best part about fitness goalsis when others are inspired to set and reach goals of their own because they saw you succeed.” — Cami
- “Do something today that your future self will thank you for.” —Unknown
- “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.” — Aristotle
- “The secret to reaching your goals is to start today.” — Unknown
- “One workout at a time. One day at a time. One meal at a time.” — Chalene Johnson
- “Someone busier than you is working our right now.” —Unknown
- “If you think wellness is expensive, try illness.” — Unknown
- “Do you think that Usain Bolt should’ve quit before ever starting to run? No. And neither should you.” — Cami
- “Don’t wish for a good body, work for it.” — Unknown
- “When you feel like quitting think about why you started.” — Unknown
- “Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghostwhich isin you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.” — 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
- “Planning to workout someday? There are seven days a week, SOMEDAY is not one of them!” — Unknown
- “Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle. ” —Abraham Lincoln
- “Don’t let the weekend become your weak end.” — Unknown
- “Mirror mirror on the wall. I’ll always get up after I fall and whether I run, walk or crawl, I’ll set my goals and achieve them all.” — Chris Butler
- “You will never always be motivated. You have to learn to be disciplined.” —Unknown
- “The clock is ticking. Are you becoming the person you want to be?” — Greg Plitt
- “A short run is better than no run.” — Unknown
- “You don’t get what you wish for, you get what your work for.” — Unknown
Impossible Today Women’s Fitness Quotes
I find a lot of comfort in quotes like the ones in this section. I like to know that something that’s impossible todayactuallycanbe possible tomorrow. Lots of people have done it.
I mean, “If everyone had listened to everyone who said that something was impossible, we’d still be living in the stone ages.”
Be inspired by these quotes! Get out of your comfort zone, push for your fitness goals, embrace the small steps, and believe that YOU CAN do the impossible.
- “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” — Nelson Mandela
- “The only difference between impossible and possible is an “I” for inspired and an “M” for motivated.” — Cami
- “The difference between try and triumph is a little umph.” —Marvin Phillips
- “What we can or cannot do, what we consider possible or impossible, is rarely a function of our true capability. It is more likely a function of our beliefs about who we are.”— Anthony Robbins
- “If everyone had listened to everyone who said that something is impossible, we’d still be living in the stone ages.” — Cami
- “The only placewhere your dream becomes impossible is in your own thinking.”— Robert Schuller
- “If you want something you’ve never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.” — Thomas Jefferson
- “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person’s determination.” — Tommy Lasorda
- “A year from now you may wish you had started today.” —Karen Lamb
- “Definition of a really good workout: you hate doing it, but you love finishing it.” — Unknown
- “I may not be there yet, but I’m closer than I was yesterday.” — Unknown
- “In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd.”— Miguel de Cervantes
- “Don’t limit your challenges, challenge your limits.” — Unknown
- “There will come a day when I can no longer run. Today is not that day.” — Unknown
- “Put all excuses aside and remember this: YOU are capable.” —Zig Ziglar
Female Fitness Journey Quotes
Fitness journeys have their ups and downs. The female fitness journey, however, can be especially complicated due to hormones, monthly cycles, having kids, and more.
I like that many of these quotes are good reminders to be kind to yourself and to have a healthy mindset. It’s extremely important to remember that your fitness journeyisNOTthe most important thing in your life. Other things, like relationships with family, come first.
Exercise, weight loss, having a great body, and living a healthy lifestyleare meant to support that, not hinder it.
Balance is okay; vital even.
- “The fitness journeyof 100 pounds begins with a single walk.” — Cami
- “Exercise is a celebration of what your body can do, not a punishment for what you ate.” — Women’s Health UK
- “I’m not trying to look perfect. I just want to feel better, look great, know I’m healthy, and rock any outfit I choose.”— Autumn C.
- “Fitness is not about being better than someone else… It’s about being better than you used to be.” —Khloe Kardashian
- “Exercise should be regarded as a tribute to the heart.” —Gene Tunney
- “Before you worry about the beauty of your body, worry about the health of your body.” —Amit Kalantri
- “I will beat her. I will train harder. I will eat cleaner. I know her strengths. I’ve lost to her before but not this time. She is going down. I have the advantage because I know her well. She is the old me.” — Bonnie Pfiester
- “You don’t have to be extreme, just consistent.” — Unknown
- “The fitness journeyis a lot like baseball. It can take time to go from base to base, but when you slide in for that home run, it feels amazing.” — Unknown
- “The miracle isn’t that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.” — John Bingham
- “Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.”— John Wooden
Strong Women Workout Quotes
I love these quotes about gritting your teeth and pushing through the pain to get to the end of your workout! Strong women aren’t crazy (well, mostly), but theydoknow how to burst the boundaries of their comfort zoneand make it agoodday for a workout.
You can do it! You can be a strong woman too 🙂 (Without being crazy).
- “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” —Winston Churchill
- “Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it.” — George Halas
- “Strong women are feminine, kind, and great at getting out of their comfort zone.” — Anonymous
- “Strength does not come from the physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” —Mahatma Gandhi
- “I already know what giving up feels like. I want to see what happens if I don’t.” — Neila Rey
- “The purpose of training is to tighten up the slack, toughen the body, and polish the spirit.” —Morihei Ueshiba
- “The real workout starts when you want to stop.” —Unknown
- “Nothing will work unless you do.” —Maya Angelou
- “You just can’t beat the person who never gives up.” —Babe Ruth
- “Of course it’s hard. It’s supposed to be hard. If it was easy, everybody would do it. Hard is what makes it great.” — Unknown
- “When life knocks you down….do a squat!” — Unknown
- “Keep your squats low and your standards high.” — Unknown
- “As we run, we become.” — Amby Burfoot
- “Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.” — Haruki Murakami
- “I didn’t feel like running today. Which is exactly why I went.” — Unknown
- “Astrongwomanis awomandetermined to do something others are determined not to do.” — Marge Piercy.
- “A strong mindset is the best accessoryfor an awesome workout.” — Cami
- “A strong woman knows she has strength enough for the journey, but a woman of strength knows it is in the journey where she will become strong.” — Unknown
Women’s Motivational Quotes About Slow Progress
Slow progress can be hard. Sometimes it feels like you have to take a thousand small stepsbefore you seeanythinghappening. Reaching your fitness goalsmay seemveryfar away.
But remember that slow progressisbetter than no progress. Youwillreach you goals, you will overcome your obstacles, and youcando this. I hope these motivational quotescan help you feel encouraged enough to continue to try again and challenge your comfort zone.
- “Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.” —Henry David Thoreau
- “A strong woman isn’t always ripped. Sometimes she is just kick-butt good at taking small stepswhen her goals seem far away.” — Cami
- “Go as long as you can, and then take another step.” — Unknown
- “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.” —Zig Ziglar
- “All great achievements require time.” — Maya Angelou
- “Slow progress is better than no progress.” — Unknown
- “Slow and steady wins the race.” — Aesop
- “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” — Confucius
- “Being the owner of a great bodydoesn’t mean being the skinniest or the most ripped. It means knowing how to keep your body healthy and strong over time.” — Cami
- “It’s people who leave their comfort zoneon a daily basis that achieve their dreams—and help others to achieve them as well.” — Cami
- “There is no GIANT step that can take you there! But, consistent and small stepscan!” — Unknown
- “Run when you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up.” —Dean Karnazes
Funny Fitness Quotes | Hilarious Female Fitness Quotes
Anyone who exercises can appreciate some funny fitness quotes, because let’s face it: when you’re trying to get to the end of your workoutand your fitness goalsseem far away, we can all use a good laugh. Or at least a smile.
Just remember: don’t let the zombies get you. Save or share these quotes with yourself and your friends so that you can keep up the motivation to stay safe.
- “Exercise, because zombies will eat the slow ones first!” — Unknown
- “Whenever fat has me down, I like to burn it to death.” — Cami
- “No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch.” — Unknown
- “If someone makes fun of you working out, just picture them climbing a pole to get away from rabid hamsters. That should help you feel better.” — Cami
- “I don’t sweat, I sparkle.” — Unknown
- “Your comfort zoneis where dreams go to die.” — Cami
- “If you have a body, you are an athlete!” —Bill Bowerman
- “If you think a minute goes by fast, you’ve never been on a treadmill.” — Unknown
- “The only time it’s appropriate to skip the funeral and have a party is when fat starts to die.” — Cami
- “I have toexercise in the morningbefore my brain has a chance to figure out what I’m doing.” — Marsha Doble
- “It’s my workout, I can cry if I want to.” — Unknown
- “I need to get in shape. If I were murdered right now, my chalk outline would be a circle.” — Unknown
- “Making excuses burns zero caloriesper hour.” — Unknown
- “Sweat is magic. Cover yourself in it daily to grant your wishes.” — Unknown
- “Exercise is like telling your body “you’re gonna hate me for this, but you’ll thank me later.” — Unknown
- “I spend my time at the gym doing diddly squats.” — Unknown
- “Are you fat and ugly? Join our gym and just be ugly!” — Local Gym Sign
- “When I feel like exercising I just lie down until the feeling goes away.” — Robert M. Hutchins
- “The trouble with jogging is that by the time you realize you’re not in shape for it, it’s too far to walk back.” — Franklin P. Jones
Inspirational Quotes and Funny Fitness Quotes for Moms Who Workout
I know that you’ve already read a whole bunch of motivational quotesabout fitness goals, being strong women, and dealing with slow progress, but I wanted to add one more little bonus section with some good thingsfor you moms out there.
Exercising with kids isn’t easy, and that’s why I created this extra little section with inspirational quotesjust for moms. If you want more, check out my post with encouraging quotes for struggling moms.
Disclaimer: Please don’t be offended by any of these quotes; just laugh, smile, and then go on and have a good day!
- “If you ever feel like giving up, just remember, there is a little girl watching you…who wants to be just like you!” — Unknown
- “Being a healthy, happy, and fit mom may seem impossible today, but six years from now you’ll thank yourself for starting.” — Anonymous
- “Workout because you love your body not because you hate it.” — Unknown
- “My body isn’t magazine perfect, but when I look in the mirror, I see a mom…and there is no greater honor, love or blessing.” — Unknown
- “Working out as a mom is the best, because your kids are never going to judge how many squats you can or can’t do.” — Cami
- “The workout I do with my toddler is easy. It’s called “I chase them down while they scream and giggle after they did something they weren’t supposed to.” — Cami
Questions That People Also Ask
What is a good caption for a workout?
Any of these quotes can be a great caption for a workout (Hint: that’s why they’re inspirational workout quotes). Just pick one that inspires you the most!
A few really good ones from up above are the following:
- “The difference between try and triumph is a little umph.” — Marvin Phillips
- “Go as long as you can, and then take another step.” — Unknown
- “Run when you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up.” — Dean Karnazes
What is a strong woman quote?
A strong woman quote displays the strength of femininity. Many strong womenquotes emphasize getting through hard things, loving womanhood, being the bigger person, and overall becoming the best versionof yourself.
Here are a few of examples of strong woman quotes (not all of them are from up above or are workout oriented):
- “The successful warrior is the average woman, with laser-like focus.” — Unknown
- “She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future.” — Proverbs 31:25.
- “Astrongwomanis awomandetermined to do something others are determined not to do.” — Marge Piercy
- “If she loved him the way she said she did, she wanted him whole. Maybe this was what love meant after all: sacrifice and selflessness. It did not mean hearts and flowers and a happy ending, but the knowledge that another’s well-being is more important than one’s own.” ― Melissa de la Cruz, Lost in Time
I personally like strong womenquotes that aren’t extreme but are still strong.
How do I motivate my girlfriend to workout?
It depends on her. I mean, a girl’s bodyis pretty personal! My first question is ifyouworkout. Doyouvalue physical fitnessin yourself? Do you know how to give your best effortand give that extra pushwhen the workout hurts? Do you know how to set fitness goals? Set the example!
I can guarantee that if you strive to have a great bodyand live a healthy lifestyle, it will help to motivate her to do so as well.
If you already do that, you can invite her to work out with you. It might take several times (or a lot of times) but a simple invitation can go a long way in giving someone a little motivational boost.
You can also have a conversation with her. Here are a few tips that I would give for that:
- The key to making the conversation a good one is to let love be the motivator. I would NEVER come from the angle of saying that she is “fat” and should “fix it.” That’s both unkind and (likely) ineffective.
- Keep it super sweet and super simple. Show your love for her when you do it—andnotjust your love for her body. Show your love for HER. Let her know that you care about her, and because of that, you want her to have a strong, healthy body.
- Make it clear that you are in this together. You are BOTH working hard to live a healthy lifestyleand have a fit physiquetogether.
- Another way to say this could be the angle of “Hey, I’ve been thinking that I really want to get in even better shape, and I was wondering if you would be willing to do that with me?”
- Again, always make your love clear.
In addition, recognize that you can make working out a fun thing that you do together. Becoming fitness freaks together ( . . . OR just normal people that workout, haha), can be a great way to strengthen your relationship!
Alternatively, maybe your girlfriend already knows she wants to work out, but she needs a little bit of extra motivation. You can try and say “I will do [insert chore or kind thing to do] if you work out.” For example, you can say that you will do the dishes for her every day that she works out for at least 30 minutes. Or, you can say that you will buy her a treat for every 3 days she works out.
Finally, you can (of course) try and have lots of quotes around for motivation. One great way to do this is by setting her mobile or desktop background to a motivational quote. I have a super cute, FREE set of motivational mobile and desktop backgrounds that she can get at the end of this post. (Yes, I said FREE. No, there are no hidden fees. Just share this article with her and have her put in her name and her email, and I will send her a link to the backgrounds. Done.)
Be creative! What other ways can you come up with to motivate your girlfriend to work out? Share your comments below!
What to say to motivate someone working out?
Some people are motivated by trash talk, and others by positive reinforcement. In my opinion, finding the best motivational fitness quotesyou can (you’re in the right place!) and then picking them out by the personality of the person you are motivating is a great way to do it.
If you don’t like everything in this article, then of course Pinterest and Google also hold lots of other options too.
My inner beastis personally woken up by positive words, like “You CAN do this!!” and “You’ve got this!” and “You’re doing great!!” (they have to be sincerely meant, though).
Although those words might seem pretty basic, they’re basic because theywork. Encouragement typically trumps discouragement such as “You need to run faster” or “You should lift more.”
Free Set of Inspirational Quote Backgrounds
Okay, on that note, let’s pause the article and be real for a minute.
I’d like your email.
Yep, big bad me would like to have your email so that I can reach you again. That way you don’t just forget about this amazing site with amazing articles and resources for women and moms.
I want you to come BACK!!
That’s why I’m hoping you’ll take my free backgrounds in exchange for your email.
BUT, I do also genuinely hope that you enjoy them. And are motivated by them. I think they’re really good. Here’s a sneak peek at the phone backgrounds. The desktop wallpapers are just as awesome.
It’s totally up to you. You can decide if you want them or not. If you decide you do, just fill the form out below.
If not, it’s totally fine. You can come back and get them later. Or not. (Because I would probably forget). But maybe you’re the kind of person who would remember. So go ahead and go. I don’t have any hard feelings, I promise.
Final Thoughts About Using Female Motivational Workout Quotes
A lot of womenalready have a busy schedule, and the idea of adding a workout routine(or just continuing to fit in that one-hour workout) can be overwhelming.
But I believe that beautiful womenknow how to make great thingshappen with hard work.
I’m not talking about having to have the perfect “hot body.” I’m just talking abouttaking careof your body and being a healthy woman.
You can do it! You have got this! And YOU areamazing.
If you are interested in more tips for improving yourself, specifically as a wife and mom, check out my article here.