Healing yourself is doable. Easier said than done, right?
But it is easy with the know-how and even easier when you know the best way to start your self-healing journey.
Here’s your guide to help you navigate this intuitive process:
- What Is Self-Healing?
- Can Your Body Self-Heal?
- How to Heal Yourself
- Self-Healing Techniques
- Affirmations to Help Heal Yourself
- Self-Healing Tips
- Self-Healing Books
Tuning into our energy body is easy and quick. And with practice, you can begin to elevate your emotions and health.
What Is Self-Healing?
Self-healing refers to the things we do (consciously and unconsciously) to kickstart our internal recovery system to heal from wounds, illness, or any imbalance. We witness our body’s ability to heal itself each time we recover from a cut or bruise.
According to science, we have an innate ability to heal the body and mind, which explains the placebo effect when you can heal your body with the mind.
Tuning into your energy body is a simple process. And when you do so with a powerful intention, you can truly change your life physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
Can Your Body Self-Heal?
Your body was designed to heal. From renewable cells to emotional healing, it is capable of self-regulation and healing itself in so many ways!
When you know how to tune into your body’s energy systems, you can control and accelerate your natural self-healing mechanisms.
What does energy healing feel like?
The experience of energy healing is unique to each person. Many people who have gone through energy healing describe it as relaxing, warm, and physically pleasant.
But if you are thinking of undergoing an energy healing procedure, you should be prepared for energy and mood shifts in your body.
How to Heal Yourself
The best way to start healing yourself is to bring a feeling of peace into your body. Stress causes inflammation, and inflammation is toxic to the body. So begin by breathing deep into your diaphragm, connecting to your inner peace.
You can tune into your energy body and use your thoughts and emotions to change the frequency and flow of your energy.
It is as simple as changing the channel from a negative reporting news channel to your favorite comedy show. It can instantly shift you from feeling anxious to feeling relaxed and calm.
As you feel more at ease, your day moves with more ease, flow, and synchronicities.
There are a number of remedies out there. But here’s a hand-picked list of some effective modalities:
- Meditate (try Vishen’s 6 Phase Meditation)
- Intuitive eating
- Energy medicine
Understand that healing is more than just medication. When it comes to staying healthy, using
natural methods can be incredibly beneficial for your mind and soul.
Self-healing meditation: 5 steps
Meditation is, by far, one of the most effective and fastest ways to heal yourself.
Read through all steps, and then take five minutes to put the wheels in motion and practice. Now, here’s how to do it:
1. Sit in a comfortable position and become aware of your breath
No need to change your breathing pattern — just pay attention to the flow — in and out, in and out. No judging it, no changing it — just noticing.
This is to become present and to stop some of the never-ending thoughts from interfering for the next few minutes.
2. Take your hands (palms together in front of you) and rub them together for 30-60 seconds
Let them become warm from the friction and feel that warmth.
Invite a slight smile as you rub your hands and take this time. Smiling itself is healing and can switch our moods in a few seconds.
3. Hold your hands 6-8 inches away from each other, facing each other, and feel the energy flowing through them
This energy is always here – you are feeling it now because of the intention and awakening your awareness to it.
Feel this energy and tune into it. Know this is part of you. Keep on smiling — doesn’t this feel great?
4. Close your eyes and see if you can move the energy up your arms, through your body
There is no “wrong way” to do this. You are awakening your energy body with your intent, and your intent is to feel and heal.
See if you can move that energy to any part of your body you may feel some stress or illness in. Keep it there, knowing you are sending it love and positive “healing energy.”
If you are losing touch with feeling the energy – rub your hands together again. There is no judgment and no way to do this incorrectly.
Picture the energy in whatever way feels right for you. Perhaps you want to feel it, or maybe you want to picture it as a white light – it is whatever way feels the easiest for you. Let yourself play with this step and smile while doing it.
5. Continue to work with this flow of energy
Call it to different parts of your body. Notice how it feels as it reaches different spaces. This energy can help those areas that usually bring you pain — feel grateful for finally recognizing this inherent ability in you.
Notice the energy relaxing the parts of the body it flows into. Thank your body for being able to awaken to this awareness and healing.
Playing with this energy flow for even five minutes can bring joy and peace that you may have felt was impossible even minutes earlier.
How did that feel? This energy is always present in your body — you just need to tune into it.
In just five minutes, you can change your energy flow and state of being. You can offer your body, mind, and spirit some healing.
As you can see in the above exercise, you don’t have to be a gifted healer to heal yourself.
Affirmations to Help Heal Yourself
Having empowering beliefs, habits, and thought patterns greatly assists in the healing process. Here are some powerful affirmations you can use on repeat:
- With each breath I take, I am healing my body
- My mind, body, and soul are healthy and strong
- I have the ability to overcome any health challenges life gives me
- My positive thoughts and actions are the medicine for my health and body
- Taking care of myself feels good
- I deserve to feel healthy and vibrant
- Being in my body feels great
- My body can do amazing things
Your mind is a great machine, and it can affect your body. When you use affirmations daily, you can reprogram your mind. And in turn, it can help increase self-compassion and feelings of kindness towards others…and even yourself.
There are some great ways to uplift your well-being. If you’re looking for more, though, here are some additional tips that you may find helpful:
- Breathe into your pain or discomfort
- Eat well and mindfully
- Start a gratitude jar
- Listen to podcasts and get inspired by trailblazers
- Incorporate energy medicine tools, like crystal skulls
There are countless ways, of course. But find the ones that work for you.
You are your own healer, and reading self-healing books can be your first step to unlocking it from within. The best thing about them is that they are practical by design, as they contain real-world applications you can practice independently. On top of that, you can extract some inspiring self-healing quotes from these books.
Here’s a list of books to help your healing process:
- Energy Medicine: Balancing Your Body’s Energies for Optimal Health, Joy, and Vitality by Donna Eden: In this book, Donna teaches you how to use your body’s energy systems to heal your body, mind, and soul.
- You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay: A groundwork on how to heal yourself by an internationally known expert in the field of self-help. This book will show you how your thoughts and words create your experiences and how you can change them to heal your life.
- Becoming Supernatural: How Common People Are Doing the Uncommon by Joe Dispenza: A fascinating marriage of science and spirituality to help you heal and transcend your limiting patterns.
- The Silva Mind Control Method by Jose Silva: An extraordinary system of mind control that unlocks your intuition, increases creativity, and heals your body. You can also check Mindvalley’s The Silva Ultramind System Quest, based on this method.
- The 6 Phase Meditation Method: The Proven Technique to Supercharge Your Mind, Manifest Your Goals, and Make Magic in Minutes a Day by Vishen Lakhiani: It’s more than just a self-healing book. It’s your all-in-one tool to create the life of your dreams in alignment with your Soul’s true desires.
- The Power of Your Subconscious Mind by Joseph Murphy: Practical techniques through which you can change your destiny, using a miraculous energy of your subconscious mind.
- Tell Yourself a Better Lie: Use the power of Rapid Transformational Therapy by Marisa Peer: In her sixth book, Marisa Peer, who’s also trainer of Mindvalley’s Rapid Transformational Hypnotherapy for Abundance Quests, shares how Rapid Transformational Therapy (RTT) can help you with suicidal depression, eating disorders, weight loss, and life-limiting phobias and addictions.
- Control Stress : Stop Worrying and Feel Good Now! by Paul McKenna: This book will teach you how to have greater control over the stress in your life. As a result, you will strengthen your immune system, make better decisions, and feel better about yourself and the world around you.
- The Emotion Code: How to Release Your Trapped Emotions for Abundant Health, Love, and Happiness by Dr. Bradley Nelson: Dr. Nelson’s authoritative work presents a powerful and straightforward method to eliminate emotional baggage. In essence, it’s a universal tool to heal your unresolved issues for good.
- The Completion Process: The Practice of Putting Yourself Back Together Again by Teal Swan: This remarkable self-healing framework will help you understand and move beyond your traumatic memories and difficult emotions to become whole.
Awaken Your Healing Powers
Every one of us has hardships we need to heal from, be they emotional, physical, or mental. The great thing is self-healing is an option.
You can shift the way you think, changing how you treat your body. And if you need a little help on how to do so, you can learn from the expert, Donna Eden by joining her in Mindvalley’s Energy Medicine Quest. You can watch the first class for free by signing up for the Mindvalley platform.
As an energy medicine practitioner, she has personally used her body’s energies to take her health back into her hands. And with the help of her husband, David Feinstein, Ph.D., she has taken her knowledge to empower others to heal themselves, too.
That, friend, includes you.